This is not meant to be a comprehensive list of my interests, but rather a sampling of some things worth looking at.
- Rob Jones - a supremely gifted writer and music critic
- John Anderson - a talented linguist who should be posting more of his awesome poetry and fiction
- Robert Smith? - a god among mathematicians and my co-editor on Time, Unincorporated (the question mark is deliberate)
- Sean Twist - a tortured genius who should really write way more.
- Greg McElhatton - a wonderfully perceptive writer
- Dave Owen - a supremely talented critic and one of my favourite people
- Lou Anders - a brilliant editor and writer and whose company I wish I had more often
- Heather Murray - a sweet person and a great knitter and photographer
- Felicity Kusinitz - an all-round nifty person.
- Sandy Gillians - gardener and orchid connoisseur par excellence
- Peter Anghelides - a superb writer and a true gentleman
- Demisemiblog - A blog by Martha Bridegam, an incredibly thoughtful and astute political commentator, and a fellow Orwellian.
- Paul Cornell's website. Paul is the writer of the Doctor Who episodes Father's Day and Human Nature / The Family of Blood and a writer of novels and other things. He's been a friend for almost 15 years, so I have no idea why I haven't put him in that section...
- Mad Norwegian Press - the publisher of several books I am working on. Publisher Lars Pearson is also a friend.
- Thales Exoo's website, words + stuff creates - My friend Thales is an amazing web designer. This is her business website.
- Wordplay - A website for screenwriters by Terry Rossio, who has co-written many of the smarter summer blockbuster fare that has appeared in cinemas.
- Writers Guild of Canada
- Writers Guild of America
- Doctor Who Information Network - North America's biggest, oldest, and best Doctor Who fan club. Has a zine edited by some guy named Burk.
- The Doctor Who Ratings Guide - edited by my good friend (and Enlightenment columnist) Robert Smith?. Reviews of just about everything to do with Doctor Who.
- Doctor Who: A Brief History of Time (Travel) - An excellent history of every story by Shannon Patrick Sullivan
- The Doctor Who News Page at Gallifrey Base
- Gallifrey One - The best Doctor Who convention in the world, organized by my friend Shaun Lyon
- Official BBC Doctor Who Site
Blogs I Like
- Bubie's Little Baker - my dear friend Hindy's blog about food and life. It's incredible.
- Kompass Gallery - the photographic work of Paul Kompass, my childhood parish priest and family friend
- News from Me - the blog of writer Mark Evanier. Why go anywhere else?
- Comics Should Be Good - a collaborative blog on Comic Books, led by Brian Cronin. Always excellent.
- Occasional Superheroine - a blog about popular culture by writer Valerie D'Orazio
- Todd Klein's blog - by my favourite comic book letterer, Todd Klein
- By Ken Levine - a blog by television writer Ken Levine (M*A*S*H, Cheers, Frasier, etc.) full of interesting insider insights into the TV industry
- What's Alan Watching - a blog about television by my favourite TV critic, Alan Sepinwall
- Neil Gaiman's blog - just about everything he writes sounds great
- The Doctor Who Blog - and not because I contribute to this...
Spirituality / Christianity
- WonderCafe and Emerging Spirit two sites of the United Church of Canada that I contribute to.
- Sojourners - a magazine (and a community) run out of Washington DC dedicated to exploring Christianity and social change. Perhaps the one of the most prophetic voices in the United States right now
- Ship of Fools - describing themselves as "the magazine of Christian unrest", it's totally irreverent, which is what Christianity should be in my books.
- Student Christian Movement (SCM) - A British student organization that I worked for that still does some great work.
- St. Gregory's of Nyssa - a progressive Episcopal Church in San Franscisco that has some great resources.
- Ontario Consultants for Religious Tolerance
- Institute For Christian Studies - I once worked here...
- Nina's Books 4 Israel Project - my friend Nina is doing the most incredible thing, collecting books and donations to send books to the poor schools in Israel, particularly to the Bedouin schools in the Negev. It's an amazing work of grassroots charitable work. Go and donate!
- One World - an excellent resource for international news, global education and human rights links
- Mundo Jazz - rumours that my friend Dan Freedman has something to do with this are purely conjecture.
- The Cockburn Project - a comprehensive site on my favourite musician, Bruce Cockburn
- Billy Bragg - another great musician. It's an official site, but it's maintained by Billy and his own people, which is kind of cool.
- The Chestnut Tree Cafe - A website devoted to my favourite writer, George Orwell.